The lighter the lithium battery is discharged, the greater the loss of the battery; similarly, the fuller the battery is charged, the greater the loss of the battery will be. The best state of lithium batteries is to let the power in the middle state, then the battery chould have the longest life.
So what are the misconceptions of lithium battery discharge? What are the precautions when using lithium batteries? I will give you the answer on the following：
Since its introduction in 1990, lithium batteries have been widely used in society because of its outstanding function, lithium battery manufacturers have also been a huge development. Now most of the electronic products are used in the battery lithium battery. In fact, we do not need to charge the lithium battery to 100 percent, and at the same time do not use up all the power. If possible, try to maintain the battery power at half full condition, the smaller the magnitude of charging and discharging, the better.
Battery discharge misconceptions：
①Too High or too low power state has the most adverse effect on the life of lithium battery, while the number of charge/discharge cycles is not that important.
②The long-term low or no battery state will make the internal resistance of the battery to the movement of electrons become larger, and so lead to a smaller battery capacity.
③ temperature also has a greater impact on the life of the lithium battery, the environment below freezing point may make the lithium battery burned, while the overheated environment will shrink the capacity of the battery.
④Lithium batteries will be easily scrapped if they are in a 100% state of charge for a long time.
⑤ Do not use in high-temperature environments, and do not charge when the temperature is too low, the battery power try not to be too low, generally about 30% charging is the best.
⑥Try to avoid long-term plug in the charger, use high-quality chargery, do not use miscellaneous brands, too fast charging speed will also affect the battery life.
The use of lithium batteries precautions
1. after discharging from the outdoor high temperature ，the battery can not be charged immediately, wait for the battery‘s surface temperature to cool before charging.
- When storing, place it in a dry and safe room; low-temperature storage will not damage the battery, but the battery temperature should be raised when using it, and try to place it inside the car when using it outdoors.
3. Pay attention to the “+” and “-” signs on the battery and electrical appliances, and install the battery into the electrical appliances correctly. If the battery is installed backwards, the battery may be charged or short-circuited, resulting in battery overheating, leakage, discharge, rupture, explosion, fire and personal injury.
4. When replace the battery with a new one . please use the same brand ,type and replace all batteries at the same time. Different brands, different types of batteries or old and new batteries mixed, due to differences in voltage or capacity, may make some batteries over-discharge or forced discharge, resulting in leakage, discharge, explosion, fire and personal injury.
5. Keep the lithium battery moderate charging and discharging can extend battery life, maintain the power at 10% to 90% is conducive to battery protection. It means that we do not need to fully charge our cell phones, laptops and other digital products as we may thought we should do
6. try to avoid using non-original chargers (especially non-original high-power chargers).
7.Stop using scooters if it’s into the water , it should be immediately sent to a professional repair station .
On the use of lelectric scooter’s lithium battery, there are some high risk situations:
1. The use of miscellaneous or poor quality battery cores for PACK;
2. Li-ion battery pack PACK process is not standardized, the core protection insulation measures unprofessional.
3. non-standard assembly in the scooter, internal screws and other debris, loose joints or imperfect protection, battery shaking,not enough insulation measures, etc.
4. battery BMS using protection devices (sensor chips and MOS switches, etc.) of poor quality.
5. Bad quality of charger, excessive interference. Failure of overvoltage ,overcharge protection function.
6. Mismatch of the whole vehicle electronic control system (controller and battery parameters are not well matched).
7. improper use and storage (water, long-term non-maintenance (if long-term non-use, should still charge at least once a month), use and storage with bad environment).